Copycat Subway Chocolate Chip Cookies
山寨版赛百味巧克力粒曲奇

Told a friend of mine that I baked copycat Famous Amos cookies , she says she loves Subway chocolate cookies more. I remember I tried  Subway cookies once. They are big, flat , sweet, soft and chewy, quite different from Famous Amos cookies. Out of curiosity, I searched for the recipe, and saved one that looks good. No time to try until today. 

 

The recipe calls for bread flour instead of plain flour. It says bread flour makes the cookies firmer. Brown sugar contributes to the chewy texture. As usual, I reduced sugar by almost 80gm so that the sweetness is within my acceptable level. I baked them in late afternoon, and ate a few pieces of these big, chewy chocolate chip cookies with a glass of milk. End up, that became my dinner. No room for other food.

As for the similarity of this homemade cookies and Subway cookies, based on the recipe source, it should be at least 70%. Maybe I should buy one piece of Subway cookies someday, taste and compare, and come back to tell you how much they are alike.  Anyway, they taste fantastic, that's what my girls told me.


I decided to write in English and Mandarin alternatively in my blog. Other than trying to reach more audience, I just feel that one language is not good enough to express myself.  English is more of a working language to me. No matter what, mother tongue is still the best to accurately describe my feelings.  So, my next post will be in Mandarin.

SUBWAY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

INGREDIENTS

- 250g unsalted butter (melted)
- 360g bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 200g brown sugar
- 40g castor sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
-2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200g chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS
  1. Heat oven to 200°C.
  2. Add flour, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl.
  3. Pour the melted butter in another bowl.  Add the sugar and brown sugar.
  4. Cream the butter and sugars using a whisker.
  5. Add the egg, yolk, milk and vanilla essence and mix until well combined.
  6. Add the flour mixture until thoroughly combined.
  7. Stir in the chocolate chips.
  8. Scoop 2 tablespoons mixture onto lined baking sheets. Leave some space for spread.
  9. Bake for 17-19 minutes or until golden brown
  10. Cool completely and store in an airtight container.

Recipe adapted here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Melt-in-the-Mouth Pineapple Tarts (Sonia's Recipe)

Cake Muffins Worth Queueing for at Shunfu Market

Air-Fried Buttermilk Chicken