Let's Have Some Snacks: Baked Seaweed Fish Fillet
吃点儿零食吧: 烤海苔鳕鱼片

 
Participated in New Year Delights 2013 organised by Sonia, I am happy to "meet" so many bloggers who have passion in baking.  Browsing through their attractive posts as well as their blogs, I am like a book lover who is in a library :  running my fingers along the spines of books, stopping to pull titles from the shelf and reading them diligently.  I have saved several recipes from this event and plan to try them someday (click here for the post I submitted for this event). 

Several of my cookies jars are empty now, but I have no time to bake more.  Seaweed Fish Fillet caught my eye as it appears in several posts , and it's easy to make!  I decided to bake this snack to top up my empty jars.

They turned out as nice as expected. Crispy with slightly salty and spicy taste, seaweed fish fillet is a great snack you can eat when sitting on the couch and watching T.V.  Since it's not deep-fried but baked, maybe it's a relatively healthier choice than potato chips? Let me know...



BAKED SEAWEED FISH FILLET
(Recipe adapted here)

INGREDIENTS:
 
- 1 pack of dried fish fillet (250g)
- 1 pack of roasted seaweed (25g, 10 sheets)
- 1 large egg white (lightly beaten)

 
 
DIRECTIONS
  1. Apply some egg white evenly on the surface of fish fillet.  
  2. Lightly press the roasted seaweed on top of the fish fillet.  
  3. Cut the seaweed fish fillet into slices (2x5cm), and place into a baking tin. 
  4. Bake in preheated oven at 180 DegC for 8-10 minutes. 
  5. Turn the seaweed fish fillet over, and bake for another 8 minutes, or until fish fillet turns light brown.

Comments

  1. 看来这个小吃是今年新年里最热门的饼干了。嘻嘻。。很红也。

    ReplyDelete
  2. 我也是第一次做,真的不错,又简单。

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Best Melt-in-the-Mouth Pineapple Tarts (Sonia's Recipe)

Cake Muffins Worth Queueing for at Shunfu Market

Air-Fried Buttermilk Chicken